1 whole roasting chicken (around 2 1/2 lbs.), cut up
salt and black pepper
5-6 oz. prosciutto, diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 T. dry white wine
1 T. parsley
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
1 T. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 T cornstarch
2 T Water
4 cups farfalle pasta, cooked
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Combine chicken, prosciutto, onion, broth and wine in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
2. During last 30 minutes of cooking, add parsley, frozen peas, butter and heavy cream to cooking liquid.
3. Remove chicken when done and no pink remains. Carve meat and set aside on a warm platter.
4. Combine cornstarch and water. Add to cooking liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
5. To serve, spoon pasta onto individual plates. Place chicken on pasta and top each portion with sauce.